The hottest chilli peppers in the world
Growing chilli peppers, or just chillies as we call them here, has become a passion of mine over the past few years, and for 2016 will be growing the hottest chilli in the world - strange really as my wife hates them and I can only tolerate something medium such as Hot Mexican, which in fact are really not that hot at all. But it's all in the fun of growing them that matters.
Please note that I am an amateur chilli pepper grower, but I have gained an astonishing amount ofknowledge in this topic over the past couple of years.
You thought Scotch Bonnets were super hot? Well at around 350,000 SHU (Scoville Heat Units) they are No 8 on the list!
World's hottest chilli pepper list- we are growing all these in 2016
1) Trinidad Moruga Scorpion: Recorded at between 1,569,300 and 2.2 million SHU
2) Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Brain Strain: Similar to above but blows the mind just a tad more.
3) Carolina Reaper - the world's hottest until Dec 2013 - up to 2,000,000 SHU
4) Chocolate Douglah: Tested at over 1.8 million SHU, Naga Morich - 1,5 million SHU
5) Trinidad Scorpion - Tested at 1.4 million SHU
6) Bhut Jolokia Red, Bhut Jolokia White Heat, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Red 7 pot, Yellow 7 Pot, Trinidad Congo
7) Habanero, Paper Lantern - 450,000 SHU, Habanero, Caribbean Red Chilli - 445,000 SHU, Habanero, White Chilli - 420,000 SH, Habanero, Chocolate - 425,000
8) Scotch Bonnet, Habanero, Orange Carrot - 350,000 SHU: approx 325,000 SHU, Jamaican Hot Red - 325,000 SHU